As Staff Accountant, this position will be responsible for assisting with the accounting and financial reporting of the company, GL reconciliations and research, payroll and 401k duties and assisting the Controller with projects as needed. The Staff Accountant is responsible for ensuring that the company assets are safeguarded and preserved by providing diligent attention to GL transactions, discrepancy resolution, and proper recording of financial transactions.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Accounting / General Ledger
- Entering monthly recurring journal entries for: depreciation, prepaid expenses, accruals, etc.
- Monthly reconciliations
- Work closely with Controller to complete month-end, quarter-end and annual close process
- Cross-train as backup to Controller for: bank transfer entry, direct deposit payroll, maintenance of amortization schedules, etc.
- Billing / Invoicing
- Prepare and enter payroll journal entries
- Reconcile payroll GL accounts
- 401k responsibilities
- Works closely with Human Resources on all payroll, benefits and 401k issues
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- 3-4 Experience in full-charge Accounting with construction accounting being a plus
- Intermediate-level skills in computer programs including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), and Windows OS
- Ability and willingness to learn new accounting software program
- Knowledge of management principles and practices and the ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- Knowledge of day-to-day accounting transactions and functions
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Superior attention to detail, planning, problem resolution, time management and organization skills
- Adept at gathering data, compiling information and preparing reports
- Ability to take the initiative and be proactive