JLA is seeking a Structural Engineer to join its Augusta, GA team to work on multi-discipline project teams providing structural engineering and related technical expertise. The person in this position will work on multi-discipline project teams providing structural engineering and related technical expertise. Project assignments may include design and analysis, preparation of plans and specifications, report writing, cost estimating, and construction observation. The work will be primarily commercial and industrial facilities. The work may at times require short-term, out-of-town work assignments. All applicants should include transcripts with their application.
- S. in Civil Engineering and a B.S. in Civil Engineering with a structural emphasis from an ABET accredited engineering college.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, word processing, and spreadsheet software
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with project team members, and clients
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and completeness
- A flexible working style as required to meet deadlines and/or client needs
- Superior task management skills, including scheduling, prioritizing, and following-up
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship
- Acceptable driving record
- Experience with structural engineering analysis software such as STAAD Pro, RISA 3D, or Excel
- Experience with Revit
- Field or construction experience
- Strong technical skills in a wide range of structural analysis and design
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certified, or ability to obtain within one year
NOTE: Some work locations may feature rough terrain typical of construction sites and may also require entering and working within facilities that include limited accessibility, moving machinery, and other conditions typical of industrial facilities. Safety training will be provided. Applicants may be asked to participate in a drug screening program at the request of specific clients.