Established in 1980 by Charles J. (Joe) Johnson and Richard J. Laschober, Johnson, Laschober & Associates, P.C. (JLA) is a professional architecture, engineering and landscape architecture design firm conveniently located in Augusta, Georgia and Charleston, South Carolina. When you choose Johnson, Laschober & Associates, P.C., you gain the Single Source Advantage of all disciplines in-house (Architecture, Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Fire Protection Engineering, and Landscape Architecture.)
JLA has extensive experience in the design and planning of new facilities and additions, renovations, roofing and upgrades in the areas of commercial, institutional, recreational, industrial, educational, healthcare, and office environments. A registered professional manages each project. JLA also specializes in permitting and is knowledgeable of local, state and federal requirements for project permitting. The regulatory environment is always changing and JLA is committed to continuing education for our team and tracking regulatory and permitting changes as they evolve.
At Johnson, Laschober & Associates, P.C., it is our desire to provide the best array of professional services available. Our staff continues its commitment to client satisfaction by thoroughly evaluating our client’s needs, providing personal attention to all aspects of the project, promoting teamwork and utilizing strict standards for quality control. With all disciplines under one roof, JLA can coordinate a multi-discipline project with unmatched efficiency.
Charles J. (Joe) Johnson, P.E.
Richard J. Laschober, P.E.
Darren R. Prickett, PLA, ASLA
Herbert W. Gilliam, P.E.
Curtis V. Williamson, P.E., LEED AP
Nathan P. Cockfield, P.E.
- 2019. JLA was awarded the “Project of the Year” for their emergency structural response to a tornadic wind disaster at the Textron Specialized Vehicle Plant. This award is through the South Carolina Section of the American Society of Civil Engineers.
- 2018. JLA received the “Project of the Year” Award through the South Carolina Section of the American Society of Civil Engineers for the “Creative Engineering Approach to Rehabilitating the Historic Miller Theater.”
- 2013. JLA received the Engineering Excellence Award for the design of the Lady Antebellum Pavilion. This award is through GSPE/NSPE/ACES-Georgia.
- 2012. Augusta’s new Reynolds Street Parking Deck was honored with an “Award of Excellence” by the American Concrete Institute, Georgia Chapter. JLA provided all of the engineering services to make this award-winning structure a reality.
- JLA received a First Place Award for the Medical College of Georgia’s Children’s Medical Center design. The Georgia Chapter ACI sponsors this award.
- Johnson, Laschober & Associates, P.C. was recognized for its achievements in quality assurance by receiving the Metro Augusta Quality Council’s Special Team Accomplishment Recognition or MAQC STAR Award. The Metro Augusta Chamber of Commerce sponsors this coveted award.